We are working in groups to read and create presentations for The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey.
In their groups they are to put together a 20 minute presentation for their assigned chapter from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. The purpose of this assignment is to not only inform the class about the information provided in the assigned chapter, but to also show that the students their audience (teenagers) and can use tones, formats, styles and activities that accurately meet the needs of that audience.
- A PowerPoint presentation covering the information in the chapter (50 pts)
- A cartoon based on your habit using http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/Comix/ (50 pts)
- An Animoto PhotoMovie http://animoto.com/
- A handout (50 pts)
- Ten question quiz (a blank quiz and an answer key) that accurately assesses how well your classmates learned the information from your chapter (50 pts)
- A poster
Leave a comment below. Put your response in the comment box below. You need to enter a dummy email address to post your comment. Use WJeffHigh+FirstNameL@gmail.com. Be sure to copy your comment response before submitting it. (sometimes the computer deletes it before it submits your response.)
Put your response in the comment box below. You need to enter a dummy email address to post your comment. Use WJeffHigh+FirstNameL@gmail.com. Be sure to copy your comment response before submitting it. (sometimes the computer deletes it before it submits your response.)
Are the following sentences or fragments?
1. Everyone in the Levine family enjoys outdoor activities.
2. Mrs. Levine for a hike almost every weekend.
3. Usually takes Mindy and Joshua along.
4. The dog goes, too.
5. Mr. Levine often swimming at a nearby lake.
6. His three nephews often join him.
7. After Mindy attended soccer camp last summer.
8. She also excels in track and field.
9. Becoming a skillful mountain-bike rider.
10. Down the trails on Brown’s Mountain.
IDENTIFYING PARTS OF SPEECH
Identify the part of speech of the underlined word or group of words. Use the following abbreviations:
N = Noun ADV = Adverb ADJ = Adjective V = Verb
Example noun Whose paintings are on exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art?
1. The Museum of Modern Art is located in New York City.
2. The museum houses collections of art from 1880 to the present.
3. The exhibits include paintings, sculptures, photographs, and much more.
4. Built in 1939, the original building showcases the International Style of architecture.
5. In the 1950s and 1960s, the museum was expanded.
6. Money to keep the museum open is raised through admission fees, contributions, and sales of publications.
7. Also located in New York City is the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the largest museum of art in the United States.
8. It houses over two million works of art, including works from almost every culture of the last five thousand years.
9. Wow! That must be a huge place!
10. Although it covers four city blocks, the museum cannot display its entire collection at one time.