IDENTIFYING PARTS OF SPEECH
Identify the part of speech of the underlined word or group of words. Use the following abbreviations:
N = Noun ADV = Adverb ADJ = Adjective V = Verb
Example noun Whose paintings are on exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art?
1. The Museum of Modern Art is located in New York City.
2. The museum houses collections of art from 1880 to the present.
3. The exhibits include paintings, sculptures, photographs, and much more.
4. Built in 1939, the original building showcases the International Style of architecture.
5. In the 1950s and 1960s, the museum was expanded.
6. Money to keep the museum open is raised through admission fees, contributions, and sales of publications.
7. Also located in New York City is the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the largest museum of art in the United States.
8. It houses over two million works of art, including works from almost every culture of the last five thousand years.
9. Wow! That must be a huge place!
10. Although it covers four city blocks, the museum cannot display its entire collection at one time.